167 Tremont Street, Boston
In a building here that has since been demolished, the Boston Equal Suffrage Association for Good Government (BESAGG) had its headquarters, 1916-1918. Here it ran the Sunflower Lunch Room. The demolished building is described in BOS.2302. BESAGG did not have far to move to its next headquarters, in the Little Building at 74-94 Boylston Street, at Tremont Street, described in BOS.2249.
Above is a photo of construction of the Tremont Street subway (first in the nation), about 1896, along Tremont Street at Boylston Street. Boston Common is at left. Arrow points to about where the building at 167 Tremont Street would be built, about 1900. Photo from "The Building—and Cancellation—of Boston's Rapid Transit Extensions," on Boston Streetcars website, See also 1918 and 1905 photos at this page.
1917 Bromley map, detail, with 167 Tremont Street at upper right, marked as YMCA headquarters. Boston Common is across Tremont Street. George W. and Walter S. Bromley, Atlas of the City of Boston: Boston Proper and Back Bay (Philadelphia: G.W. Bromley & Co., 1917), plate 11, detail, State Library of Massachusetts, Real Estate Atlas Digitization Project.